Project Manager – Bids & Proposals
You can apply through the Sempra LNG Career Website. You will need to search job number 21-58659
In a self-directed role, own and lead the development and submission of complex proposals and direct bids to support the growth of an industry-leading grid controls technology company with the mission to build a renewable, resilient electric grid. The Project Manager will coordinate and produce the proposal response (RFI, RFP, concept paper, direct bid, etc.) whilst assembling a proposal team with the relevant service/product/business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Lead pricing for proposals in close coordination with Finance team
- Regularly monitor and report on new opportunities and sales performance milestones and metrics using a CRM (Dynamics 365), PRM, and other tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Engineering, or similar field. Required
- Master’s Degree Business Administration, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Engineering, or similar field. Preferred
- 5+ Experience in renewable energy, energy storage, advanced controls, utility sectors, or related industry in project/program management, sales/business development, or team management roles. Required
- Experience coordinating and updating CRM, PRM, and Content Management System. Required
Skills and Abilities
- Able to operate with a high level of autonomy to complete sales documents (simple bids proposals) in a startup environment Advanced
- Ability to take complete ownership of tasks and delegate responsibilities to co-workers at all levels Advanced
- Ability to write persuasive technical proposals, develop pitch decks, advise on pricing considerations, and create compelling offers Advanced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with partners and clients at the C-Suite level. Advanced
- Outstanding problem-solving ability. Quickly perceives underlying problems and their causes. Develops insights on the key drivers, risks, and interdependencies involved in a business opportunity. Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and develop, recommend, and implement effective solutions. Advanced
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders. Advanced
- Interpret technical information and translate into understandable, clear terms Intermediate
- Document template management in line with company branding Intermediate
- Flexibility to manage initiatives with differing levels of ambiguity Intermediate
- Understand company, team, and customer demands and reprioritize as needed with limited information Intermediate
- Has initiative, good judgment, and is resourceful Intermediate
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10%.