DERMS: Yes or No for Your Utility?
There are multiple paths forward to solve emerging grid challenges today. Which path a utility takes depends on its answers to three questions:
- What is your utility’s philosophy toward managing customer-owned assets located behind the meter?
- What is the depth of your utility’s relationship with its residential, industrial, and commercial customers?
- What are the current conditions on the utility’s grid?
Looking at these three questions, this white paper—the third in a three-part series— outlines how and when a distributed energy resource management system (DERMS) can help utilities navigate challenges and create a road map to a fully renewable, multidirectional, resilient grid.
Utility white papers series
- Utility roadmap to a resilient, renewable grid
- Microgrid Controllers: Rapid Relief for Today’s Dynamic Grid
- DERMS: Yes or No for Your Utility?